Thursday, November 6, 2008

My part in this years election

Because of you, nearly 20 million animals every year in California will soon be spared the unspeakable cruelty of battery cages, veal crates and gestation crates.
Because of you, the doors of dark sheds have been opened for all to see the suffering inside. And cruelty can't stand the spotlight.
Because of you, a tidal wave of compassion that is reverberating across the world has been unleashed. And that genie will not go back in the bottle.
Because of you, we have -- for the first time in California -- meaningful unity as a movement.
Words can't express our admiration and gratitude for your efforts. You're the reason the Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act is going on the books in California. You gathered the signatures. You raised the money. You built support. You got the vote out. You won Prop 2.
Celebrate. Rest. Savor your role in history.

3 comments:

The Cooking Lady said...

I saw this on Oprah, and even though I do not live in California, I was hoping this would pass in thee animals favor. Yay for thee animals!

Becka Robinson said...

I am soooo glad about that! I don't live in California but I was hoping that would happen!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

This is very exciting indeed! People showed that they do have a heart, and spoke up against cruelty.