Sunday, October 19, 2008

yesterday and today





So, I am actually doing pretty well with the whole MOFO and getting recipes in. So I made two meals yesterday and one more today... Here are the photos from the panko crusted Teriyaki from Miss Marie at http://miss-mrs.blogspot.com (hers was soy sauce flavored and I didnt make the snappy sauce..) The next picture is of my tortilla soup Recipe to follow.
Tortilla Soup
2 tbs olive oil
1 medium yellow onion
2 large Roma tomatoes
3 cups water
1 can tomato sauce
2 tbs vegetable broth base
1 cup tortilla chips crushed
1 can black beans
1 cup sweet whole corn
1 tbs pampered chef chipotle seasoning
Saute onions until golden. Add water, tomato sauce, vegetable base, tomatoes.
Bring to a boil. Puree or (like me use a vitamix) and add crushed tortilla chips.
Return to sauce pan and add in black beans and corn. Simmer 10 mins and serve with tortilla chips crushed on top.
This recipe was adapted from Liz at http://www.foodsnobberyhobbery.blogspot.com
Thanks to all those that I have found great recipes from!!

No comments: