Wednesday, October 22, 2008

more than just a recipe

For todays entry I thought I would play catch up with some things I have seen in other blogs...

But first a wonderful Potato and Mushroom Blintz made from savory crepes and covered in a mushroom gravy sauce.. All from V*com. This recipe has got to be my favorite one from the book, and yes I say it with out having tried them all so.. I might change my mind...
I told the kids they could have some if they let me take their pictures...

They told me that they were so yummy! And that they loved it! I dipped the corners in the sauce and they said.. thats good but we like it plain too!  They both had two and said that they would save the rest for daddy and to have them for dinner. I was out of onions, had no caraway seeds.. or white cooking wine (or drinking) and not as many mushrooms as the recipe called for... but I think this a great recession meal becuase with out those things it was STILL FABULOUS... and after I had two (and ate alot of the filling while making the crepes) I did have some to save for dinner!!
Last night my husband told me to run and look out the window.. do you see? This is SNOW!!
And onto other frosty things... this is my freezer. I am such a follower! I tried to cover any non vegan items that would belong to my husband.. but you can see we have fruit, and veggie tv dinners, frozen veggies and lots of OJ... theres some ziplocs filled with 2 cups of Zucchini shredded and 2 mashed bananas for the yummy zucchini bread recipe from ppk. I will make some this weekend!!

3 comments:

Luke and Yuko ELLIOT said...

Hi Mel, I replied to your comment on my own blog, but then figured I should reply on YOUR blog, too, and at the same time let you know that I have enthusiastically subscribed to your "A place for us". Of course, I would enjoy it even more than I already do if you also had pictures of Jerami playing A & A while eating his tofurky and Potato and Mushroom Blintz ;-) But then, I am a philistine.

beastmomma said...

Those look lovely! Also, I wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway I was hosting on my blog. I sent you an e-mail asking for your mailing information, but wanted to leave a comment as well.

Bex said...

holy frozen oj batman! yet another vcon recipe to try. I've made many but not these. I know I'll love 'em