Saturday, October 18, 2008
1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Celestial Seasons Chai Tea
2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I usually go as mellonbaby23 and I am on Vegpeople most of the time.
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Why does it have to be italian? I just hade some teriyaki flavored tofu with panko and dijon mustard... yum
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
12 to a million, depend on how long nap time lasts.
5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
usually disposeable ardvarks, but miss marie lately, vegan.com is my FAVE
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
Erik Marcus from Vegan.com.
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
tofu.. seitan is in outerspace
8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Probably seitan because I just don’t get it.
9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
i tired to make spicy seitan from Veganomicon and killed it.. it was gross, and yet I know in my heart the recipe would be so much better made by someone else!
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
No. I just cant afford it yet. But I am not out buying leather either...
12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
No. But I AM trying
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
When I was 17. nope but its been 6 months this time around!!
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
the spicy "sushi"... see above
15. What made you decide to blog?
to be accountable, to share what the first few steps are like getting into vegan living... something to do??
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
I made the potato mushroom blintzes from Veganomicon, a bruchetta recipe from Dr. Dean Ornish, my kale potato and navy bean soup.. they are things I LOVE not just.. can make, can eat..
17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
stuffing or a dessert..
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Spaghetti squash at Food for thought in Williamsburg. So good..... so good... got it once, only there a short time.
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
Whole foods I guess
20. My kitchen needs…
more space! and a personal chef... and isa!!!
21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen!
22. What’s for dinner tonight?
teriyaki panko crusted tofu
23. What is your Favorite Vegan (for vegan friendly if you can’t think of a pure vegan one) Restaurant?
food for thought